ACCENDO HELPS LARGE SOUTHEAST-ASIAN TELCO TO BUILD A STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP PIPELINE
With the objective in mind, the telco faced several challenges:
- The telco industry is experiencing rapid disruption that led to slow top-line growth which prompted urgent need to digitise current core operations while diversifying and pursuing new adjacent digital businesses.
- In the past, the candidates were nominated and selected for the program based solely on their past and present performance without their future potential taken into account which resulted in blind spots.
- There was a need for more data-driven decisions to reduce implicit bias and justify these high-stakes leadership investments.
- The telco also needed contextualised insights to better understand the types of essential leaders for different business needs in each operating company.
The telco chose to partner with Accendo over other consultants for the program, as Accendo had a holistic and unique approach, combining consulting and technology capabilities with a richness in data and assessments. Based on the telco’s succession planning framework, candidates’ leadership capabilities were evaluated through a rigorous and robust process under multiple lenses.
- Results consolidated into individualised reports revealing strengths, development areas and drivers
- Group trends for each operating company contextualised to the different business needs & challenges
- Talent Dashboard that is utilised during talent councils to compare and contrast talents
- Standardised and bias-free across all OpCo
- Data-driven; has rigor and science
- Scalable, wider reach and faster – 3 weeks
- Top 60% enter the program through a strong filter, saving cost by investing only in talents who want and deserve the spots
- Better understanding of talent pool (placed into 3 tiers) – visibility of hidden gems & shining stars
- 8% of the 2018 talent pool was succeeded into key leadership positions as per data findings
Targeted development plans based on individual needs